Home

Setting pressure treated posts in concrete

Pressure-treated wood and concrete are two commonly used building materials for exterior applications. However, setting the wood in concrete may create a situation that speeds wood rot. Pressure-treated wood will rot in concrete when exposed to wet conditions such as trapped water Insert the steel bracket into wet concrete floor so that the lower area settles down completely. The lower bottom of the bracket should touch the concrete bed's top layer. Step 2: Install the Wooden Pole Now let the concrete dry for some time, and then install the pressure-treated wooden pile on it Step 4. Fill the remainder of the hole with soil dug from the hole. It sets in 20 to 40 minutes. Wait four hours before placing heavy objects. Shop Pressure Treated Posts. Shop Concrete. Shop Outdoor Tools & Equipment You'd need lumber that is. You won't keep it from getting wet underground, but you can keep it from being constantly saturated by giving the concrete sleeve a drain at the bottom. One strategy is to set the post on gravel and just pour the concrete around the post, not under it. This only works if the surrounding soil drains well also, though When ever you embed treated wood in concrete, keep the concrete 2 above the ground and form a sloping concrete/mortar cap to shed the water. This will help make the post last much longer. Treated wood can do quite well when it is moist (like in concrete)

Will Pressure Treated Wood Rot In Concrete (Techniques

If building a deck and setting pressure treated posts in the ground surrounded by concrete is a no-no, [First I have heard of this being a no-no] then what about a pole building [which is what I have] that is basically the same thing. 6x6 treated posts set 3' deep surrounded in concrete The Buried Post Footing This footing method involves pouring a concrete pad at least 12 thick at the base of your hole. Next, set a pressure treated wood support post rated for ground contact on top of the pad and backfill the soil into the hole Dig your hole to a depth appropriate for the height of the post. Place a pre-cast concrete biscuit (block). It should be a couple inches thick and can be square or round, but the round ones usually fit the hole more easily. Place your post in the hole and backfill with dirt Some I set in concrete and some I just tamped in. The ones set in concrete have, every one of them, broken at ground level leaving me to dig up a whole sack of concrete and post so I could put in a new post. Now when I set posts I put a collar around the post about six inches above and six inches below grade Once the concrete has completely dried, secure the post brackets with washers and nuts, then set pressure plates on top. Place pressure-treated posts on the brackets, making sure they're level and secure with structural screws. TIP: Be sure to check the end tag. Pressure-treated posts should always be ground contact use for deck lumber

Concrete simply does not protect the Zone. The only exception would be to use a post that is pressure treated with UC4B which is meant for use in stagnate water but the pressure-treating only works as long as the chemicals remain Apply high-quality exterior acrylic latex caulk, or silicone specifically designed to adhere to concrete, at the base of the post. Note: This will seal the gap between the concrete and post that's caused by freeze/thaw cycles At this point, with the post set in place, you can begin filling the posthole with concrete. Pack the concrete to a level slightly above the surrounding soil. Here, to prevent pooling, trowel the.. Set the post in the hole. Attach angled 2 x 4 braces to two adjacent sides of the post using one screw for each brace. Drive a stake into the ground near the lower end of each brace. 4

Pressure Treated Wood in Contact With Concrete (Analysis

Before packaged concrete came along, Sakrete and Quikrete being the two big names, we would recommend to customers to put a concrete block in the bottom of the hole to keep the post from settling or sinking. Then when Sakrete came out, we would recommend you pour some in the bottom of the hole to set the post on, replacing the block When I set the treated posts in I backfilled up to ground level with the same stone. No cement used. My Dad suggested doing a fresh 1/8″ cut on bottom of posts then filling up the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket with Linseed oil to allow the posts to wick up the oil and also brush sides high enough to clear the gravel at the tops

The post resting on top of the concrete and the rest of the hole backfilled with soil. With this idea I'd have about 30″ of the post buried in the soil. This seems cheap and fairly easy, but the post would be in contact with soil. 2. Either fill the hole with concrete, or put something like a Sonotube in the hole and fill that with concrete With pressure-treated posts, the rot will be slow. We have three ways to solve the rotten post problem. First, the posts should be set on top of a bed of coarse gravel 3 to 6 inches deep, so the.. Use a level to position the post perfectly vertical. Step 5 Fill the hole with Fast-Setting Concrete up to 3 to 4 inches below ground level. Step 6 Pour about a gallon of water per 50 lb bag into the hole and allow the water to saturate the concrete mix. NOTE: mix will set hard in 20 to 40 minutes. Step

Sadly, most of the pressure treated posts will be treated only to UC-4Awhich does NOT meet with the Code requirements for use in pole buildings! What this means is there are a plethora of buildings which have under treated columns, which is responsible for the rot issues, not the proximity to concrete Please watch: TheHandymanToolbox Live Stream: The DIY Home Improvement Tips & Solutions Show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cgZk8BYqvk-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-http.. To properly set wood posts in wet ground, you need to use concrete and pressure-treated wood. There must be enough depth to penetrate below the frost line, and adequate back-fill for drainage. Done right, posts will last for years in any kind of soil

Setting a Post with Concrete - Lowe'

footings - Can pressure treated wood be buried in concrete

The wood won't be in contact with the ground, but moisture is absorbed by the concrete and pulled up into the wood. Over time, rotting will occur. DIY Pole Barns Offers Post Rot Protection. Preventing rot is the best way to ensure a long life for your pole barn. Pressure-treated wood is one way to deter fungi from your pole barn posts Put the post in the hole, then a few inches of gravel (pea gravel works well), tamp the gravel, then fill the rest of the hole with cement. If you trap the bottom of the post in cement you have made a swimming pool that WILL trap and hold water and even treated posts will rot when installed this way

Pressure treated posts set in concrete? DIY Home

1. utes. But, you'll need to wait 4 hours to attach your rails, or any gates, to the posts
  2. First off, I'd never use anything but a pressure-treated post. I pour a bit of concrete in the bottom of the hole before I put the post in, sealing the post from the dirt. At the top of the posthole, I build up the concrete into a shallow cone shape just above grade to drain water away from the post
  3. YES. Any exterior concrete that is in contact with earth may wick moisture. Thus, it is required to place pressure treated wood directly against the concrete if one wishes next to build off that concrete with untreated wood. That is, you may in bu..
  4. Cabin Forum/Blog: I will be using pressure treated 6x6 posts for my 16x24 cabin. The frost line in my area is pretty shallow (between 5 and 10 ). I ve read different ideas on using concrete around the posts... so my questions are: 1. Can I fill in concrete around the posts as long as the concrete is below the frost line, or should I be setting the posts on top of concrete

The local builder wants to build on concrete piers (2.5 ft deep) with pressure treated wood posts sticking up. Soil would be piled back up against these posts. Although I will install a french drain around this building, I'm concerned (in inexperienced) that in time the pressure treated wood may rot - whereas concrete piers won't I've mades fences before and I always placed concrete around a pressure treated post (4x4, 6x6, etc). Concrete would be rodded and the posts tapped to help consolidate the concrete and I would set braces and check for plumb. My next fence project is a 6' PT privacy fence using 6x6 PT posts Set in your posts while the poured concrete is still wet. Use a level or plumb bob to set the posts plumb. Step 5 - Trim Planted Posts. When the post concrete has hardened (usually 48 hours) use your measuring tape and measure 77 inches up from each post base. Place a mark here. Cut off the excess post length wherever it exceeds the 77 inches Set the post in the hole while holding a level on the side to check for plumb. Fill in the hole around the fence post with more 1/4-minus gravel packed tight against the sides of the post. Tamp. A: Actually, your point is well taken. Simply setting the posts in concrete does create a condition that will accelerate rot in the bottom of the posts. With pressure-treated posts, the rot will be slow. Concrete should be poured around the post - no concrete under the post

Pour the concrete mix into a bucket and dig a small hole in the mix, then add in water according to the package directions. The amount of concrete you'll need depends on the size of your project. For a PVC pipe with a diameter of 12 in (30 cm) and a post of 4 in (10 cm), estimate about 2 bags of Quikrete per 1 ft (0.30 m) of height Step 4: Set the posts. How to Use a Handsaw; We've used pressure-treated lumber for the posts here. They're a great choice because pressure-treated lumber is treated to resist rot, even when it's buried in the ground. Setting a post at either end of the stretch is a great way to establish the line for the run Concrete and another masonry, unless treated or otherwise coated, is highly porous. Water can pass through porous materials vertically via capillary action. When you have a vertical wood post or column resting on concrete or another masonry, and that concrete/masonry itself rests directly on the earth, then the post/column must be pressure-treated We did a lot of things back in the old days I would rather not repeat. Even then it lasts 30 years. Myself I use cedar and pressure treated posts and they last 15-30 years. Considering how fast a cedar/PT post can be installed, and their cost, as even buying them is only $3 for a sharpened 6' post, they are pretty cheap

How to Set a Corner Post WITHOUT Concrete! - YouTubeSetting Deck Posts (4x4) In Concrete Anchors/piers

Question about concrete around a treated pos

1. Set in Gravel and Concrete. Once the posts are treated, it's time to set them in the ground. You'll want to dig a hole about twice the diameter of the fence post and as deep as your frost line - which can be as shallow as 16 inches to as deep as 42 inches - check with local building codes for this depth
  2. us gravel instead of concrete.4x4 pressure treated posts sitting on 4 packed.
  3. Joined Dec 5, 2008. ·. 1,205 Posts. #2 · Jul 6, 2011. the concrete in the ground anchors the post evenly. the concrete around the post at the top (slab or patio) will cause two problems, 1 it makes a weak spot that will crack or 2 as the cocrete expands and contracts with the weather it could shear the post and cause the structure to fail
  4. Once your posts are set allow the concrete to dry and soil to settle before moving on. Builders often use pressure-treated wood for posts. This type of lumber is treated with pesticides and fungicides. It resists rot and can last for decades. In the past, pressure treated wood contained arsenic. Today's pressure treated wood no longer.
  5. Some people are concerned that setting pole barn posts in concrete can cause them to rot. However, this should not be a concern if the wood is pressure-treated with preservatives. The International Building Code requires that pole barn posts be treated in accordance with AWPA U1
  6. Cedar is, indeed, a long lasting wood of good quality for outdoor use. Set your cedar posts in holes that are at least 6 larger than the post diameter, and set them on good bearing. If you can't.
  7. Whether you have wooden or metal fence posts, setting them in concrete ensures you'll have a strong stable base for your posts. Here's a few things to consider when setting your posts in concrete: When choosing a wooden fence post, pressure treated posts will give you the best long-term performance

Add 4 additional inches to this depth. So for a 7 foot post to be buried 2 feet, dig a 28 inch deep hole. Dig twice the diameter of the post. Pour 4 inches of gravel into the hole. Place the post in the hole. If working solo, a brace may be required to hold it upright. Add another 2 inches of gravel around the base of the post I don't think concrete is the best way to set posts. It doesn't seem to do wood any good at all. About 10 years ago I made a point of getting a good cedar post, 8 at the bottom, 5 at the top, about 8' long. I had it set in concrete and in 4 years I started seeing rot around the post where it emerged from the concrete Step 3: Concrete Post. Set the pressure treated 4x4 in the hold. Make sure it is completely straight by using a level. Hold the 4x4 in place by using clamps, or braces so it does not move when pouring the concrete. For the concrete, I used 3 bags of quickrete concrete cures this way for many years, it almost continually is drying out. but it is especially a concern for fresh concrete. on top of a foundation wall, there is a barrier (in cold climates, that's a thin foam called sill seal) that separates the concrete from the wood sill. the wood sill should be pressure treated to resist decay Wood Post Foundation Piers. When using wood posts get foundation grade 6x6 treated poles or posts. When using a gravel footing, nail a square of pressure treated 2x10 or 2x12 to the bottom to act as a foot. Use only hot dipped galvanized, Z-max or stainless steel nails and bolts with PT material. Don't rely only on the bolts to hold the beams

The Buried Post Footing Decks

Pressure treated wood will eventually rot in concrete.not nearly as quickly as untreated, but it WILL eventually. Correspondingly, how long will 4x4 post last in the ground? If you find the RV posts I mentioned earlier, they are steel, treated and when put in concrete will last 25 years or more Concrete simply does not protect the Zone. The only exception would be to use a post that is pressure treated with UC4B which is meant for use in stagnate water but the pressure treating only works as long as the chemicals remain. Chances are you would not find UBC4B treated post on the shelf at the local lumber yards or home improvement. Most of your rot concern will be taken care of by using pressure treated posts. Posts set in concrete is common enough, but calking them is going overboard, IMO. Can you punch through the clay with your planned 2' hole? I guess not. If it were me, I'd probably dig a hole 1/3 the length of the exposed pole plus 4. 10' pole with 2' in the ground Exterior Nails for Pressure Treated Lumber; Concrete Mix; Furring Strips ; View All Tools & Materials Product costs, availability and item numbers may vary online or by market. Setting Fence Posts. Once you've marked the layout for your component-built fence with batter boards and string, you can dig post holes and set all your posts in concrete

Should I set fence posts in dirt, gravel, crushed rock, or

1. e the number of piers you need. An 8'x12' shed would use 6 piers - 3 per long side
  2. Post and column bases secure the bottom of Post and column bases secure the bottom of posts or columns to concrete and are perfect for decks or patio covers. Models are available for attaching to existing hardened concrete, wet concrete, as well as wood. The AB series also offers adjustability around the anchor bolt to achieve optimum post.
  3. Setting Fence Posts in Concrete Set fence posts in fast-setting concrete if you're planning to leave the fence in place for a long time or if you have very loose, sandy soil. First dig the holes using an auger or a post-hole digger. Plan to set at least one-fourth to one-third of the fence post underground, and dig the hole accordingly

sealing the buried part of posts with tar? - by Tim_456

1. Use a drill with a hammer drill bit to install a concrete sleeve anchor into the center of the concrete footing. Don't over tighten the bolt. Install the Adjustable Post Base to the sleeve anchor and tighten the bolt to secure the attachment. Place your foot behind the post when nailing. Set the 6x6 Pressure Treated Post onto the post base and.
  2. Instant Post Concrete Mix - 50 lb. Model Number: 1894027 Menards ® SKU: 1894027. Instant Post Concrete Mix - 50 lb. Product Images. Tap or hover over image to zoom in. Price. $6.99. 11% Mail-In Rebate Good Through 7/4/21. $0.77
  3. To set a new post in an oversize hole, set the post in a fiberboard form and then fill the form with concrete. drive pressure-treated shims into the concrete on all four sides of the post.
  4. If you happen to be setting posts and want to save some money by ensuring they last longer, you need to use 'concrete anchor posts' or 'deck blocks.' Ensure that you have undisturbed soil beneath, do brutal leveling, and ensure that your posts are pressure treated. How to Protect Pressure Treated Wood Underground (Making it Weatherproof

How to Properly Install Deck Posts ProWood Blo

1. Pressure-treated wood posts, including solid lumber such as 6x6s, or multiple plies of dimension lumber, may be installed on appropriate post anchor bases and attached to the top of the footing or wet-set into the footing. At the connection to the footing, the post anchor base must resist lateral, shear and uplift loads, as required
  2. Posts, poles and columns supporting permanent structures that are embedded in concrete in direct contact with the ground or embedded in concrete exposed to the weather shall be approved pressure preservatively treated wood suitable for ground contact use
  3. Level an 8x8 concrete block in freshly laid concrete, centering it around the anchor bolt. Completely fill the core with concrete. Save time by setting the plinth block on a still-wet footing once the concrete can support the weight of the block. To accommodate our 6x8 wood post, we used a standard 8x8 half-corner block
Cedar Wood Fence Repairs for Seattle, WA

The companies that drive the 2 steel posts claim they went to this method because it helps to prevent the posts from heaving and is as strong or stronger than the set in concrete. The companies who set in concrete think the driven steel post method is just to save time and labor and feel concrete is still the best method We built this playset—including swing set, climbing wall, and second-story playhouse with a storage room underneath—from pressure treated wood in three days for about $1,000 in materials. Check out our Playset Plans to find out more. Playset Materials List: 7 - 4 x 4 x 16' playhouse posts; 1 - 8 x 8 x 10' swing set post

Should I Set My Wooden Fence Posts With Concrete

No one I have done work for will pay $375 to replace a rotten/broken fence post. (pressure treated post, quick set concrete and screws material $15 per post). I routinely repair fences here in Tampa Fl (sandy soil) break and removed old concrete. Clear/redig hole set post and reattach fence panels in average 1 hour each post. I charge $75/post To replace a wooden fence post, start by disengaging the post fro the fence rails. Pull the post out of the ground, using a 2 X 4 to lever it if necessary. Dig out the concrete footer, if there is one, then set a new pressure treated post and backfill the hole with crushed gravel or concrete Pressure-treated wood is intended for outdoor use only! There are a few exceptions to this rule, though you should check with your local building inspector to be sure. First is the use of pressure-treated wood in place of Douglas fir for sill plates in new construction. Sill plates are the lowest framing boards in a wood home Measure down from the outline string to the bottom of the bracket on top of each footing. Cut a piece of Pressure Treated (PT) 4x4 lumber to fit this measurement for each footing. These are your deck support posts. Mark all four sides for a smooth, square cut. If available, use a miter saw for best results

How to Set Fence Posts That Won't Rot (DIY) Family Handyma

For square posts in foundations, it eliminates some shifting and settling. A recent European study that evaluated concrete vs. gravel vs. dirt fill found that the concrete fill was the best option in regards to longevity and durability, but again, proper pressure treatment is the key to long-term field performance We build a porch over concrete with wood post , now we need to have 6 inches of new concrete poured on top Of the old concrete as they left it to low from the door . We now learned we need to protect the wood post How can we protect the post ? Now they are ready to set forms help !! Reply. Caitlin says: September 17, 2020 at 1:37 pm Concrete has also been linked to premature deterioration of treated lumber, which may cause your posts to crumble and collapse. Posts set in concrete are also more likely to come loose during freezing temperatures, which can lead to major issues during the winter months. Although driving posts holds several major advantages over augering and.

Setting Fence Posts - Dos and Don'ts - Bob Vil

The posts are then kiln dried to 40% before being pressure treated with Tanalith E preservative. Each post has a corrosion-resistant metal ID tag and M&M issues it with a quibble free 15. Concrete. Next, mix an 80-pound bag of concrete in a wheelbarrow for each post hole and pour it in. Keep your garden hose handy to wash away any concrete that gets on the posts. Double-check all posts for plumb and straight in all directions. Adjust as necessary while the concrete is still wet October 7, 2013 at 7:16 am #45824. MKE_Voltage. Moderator. Saint Francis, WI. I installed a pressure treated fence with a friend a few months back. We used 2ft deep holes with 50-100lbs of concrete per hole. When the fence was complete the posts were square and tight to the panels. Recently it has become evident that the posts have been twisting

When concrete is poured around a deck post in this way, the post will rot due to moisture buildup by the soil. Concrete tends to absorb moisture and wood expands when it gets wet, so these two factors combined will result in the wood breaking the concrete. By setting the pos. Article by Hometalk.com. 3.7k. Deck Posts Setting Fence Posts. Concrete tends to be porous so there will already be a good amount of moisture in contact with the post set in the concrete but this technique aims to reduce the amount of moisture as much as possible. Once your posts are set allow the concrete to dry and soil to settle before moving on Heartwood redwood fence with the brown treated post and a six inch 2x6 kicker of treated wood. And there are some corrosive material in the treated wood. So the framing was done with coated screws. Make sure they mix your concrete and not just dump and add water at hole. And last, make sure the concrete is mounded around post, not to hold water - Long-life materials. Wood or metal for posts must be chosen carefully or the posts will rot quickly or corrode at or below the soil line. Good choices for wood posts are pressure-treated wood. So, yes, pressure treated wood can rot, although it might take awhile and require wet conditions for rotting to happen. letting this concrete set, placing the post on the concrete and.

Positioning the Post. When the post or pillar is to be embedded in the concrete, position it inside the QUIK-TUBE™ prior to beginning the pour. Use pressure-treated lumber or apply creosote equivalent to prevent below-the-ground rot. Coat metal posts with rust inhibitor. Center the post or pillar inside the form The major components are pressure-treated 4x4 posts, 1x6 rails and 1x4 trim boards. Each section is 8 feet long, but you can reduce its overall scale by using narrower lumber and shorter posts spaced closer together. Construction. Space the postholes 8 feet on center, then set the posts in the holes and backfill around them Installing framing members on a slab requires use of a pressure treated bottom board to avoid wood rot. Concrete slabs will wick moisture between the underlying dirt base and the wood members sitting on top of the slab. If untreated wood is used for the bottom board, the high moisture level will promote rapid decay. The obvious way to incorporate a pressure treated base board is to use one in. Place the Bottom Posts. Measure and cut the top and bottom posts from 4x4s. The height of the bottom posts should be the desired post height plus the depth of the concrete footing. Sink the bottom posts into the wet concrete, making sure they are plumb and remain in position while the concrete dries Pressure Treated Wood & Our Post-On-Pipe System. The pipe is embedded in concrete, not the wood. Our 4x4 cedar posts are then mounted on the post, ensuring minimal to zero wood rot, and if there is a problem in the future, we can simply swap out the cedar post, as the galvanized metal pipe in the ground will not rot or rust in our lifetime

2 in

The best concrete mix for fence posts I've found is the Quikrete 50lb fast setting mix. You can buy a bag at just about any Home Depot for under $6 bucks a bag. For small to medium size fence jobs, premixed bag are best. A concrete truck is too expensive for small jobs and mixing it myself adds too much work Posts must be attached to the footings with appropriate fasteners to prevent lateral movement as well as uplift. You do not have to use fasteners, however, if the post itself is buried to a depth of at least 12 inches. If you set the posts on top of concrete footings, even precast ones, you must secure them with positive hardware connections

QUIKRETE® - Setting Posts in Concret

Fast-setting concrete is ideal for installing fence posts since it can be mixed directly in the hole. Once you've finished your post holes, add about three to four inches of gravel into the bottom and compact it using your post or a 2x4. Then, set your post in place and use a level to ensure that it's perfectly vertical The most common of these is the latter, typically made from pressure treated 4 x 4 lumber that is set in concrete creating a strong foundation for your shed. However, both styles can be used with equal success. The rest of it lies in how well you do the job of laying your foundation. Tools You Will Need to Lay a Pier Shed Foundatio

Custom Deckworks

Our 6FT Concrete 3-Way Fence Post (1.8M), which are the neatest way to finish a fence on a right angle, are a wet cast steel reinforced concrete fence post.Our wet-cast 6FT Concrete 3-Way Fence Post (1.8M) post does not have a nib or peg in the slot to support your gravel board and/ or fen.. £52.95. Ex Tax:£44.13 How to Further Protect Your Pressure Treated Wood Underground. As mentioned above, the best, most reliable way to protect pressure treated wood from water damage is to apply an all-weather wood sealer before burying the wood. When applying wood sealer - or any other paint or primer - to pressure treated wood, it's extremely important to understand how pressure treated wood is different. Pressure-treated lumber post-base. The third method involves the use of post-base, the installation fittings of which are installed in not yet hardened concrete, which gave the name itself. After hardening, the pressure-treated lumber is installed in the post-base using the appropriate fasteners. Concrete block with a column in the prepared pi Pressure-treated wood should last up to 20 years with proper maintenance. Vinyl. Expect a vinyl fence to last anywhere from 15 to 30 years. Chain-link. Most chain-link fences will last about 15 to 20 years. When in doubt, call a professional to assess your fence. 1. Leaning Fences, Fence Posts, and Fallen Panels Fence types affected Sika Postfix Fence Post Mix, Mix-in-The-Bag Expanding Foam for Supporting Non-Structural Posts, Fence, Mailbox, and Sign Posts 4.4 out of 5 stars 319 Postloc Post Setting Expanding Foam - 2-Post Kit - Easy-to-Use Concrete Alternative - No Tools Require

Fill That Post Hole With Concrete Porters Building Center

Check Posts for Plumb: Check each post again for plumb. If needed brace the posts in position until the concrete sets. Leveling and attaching 2x4 rails to fence posts. Attach Rails: Once the concrete has set, attach 16' long 2 x 4 pressure treated wood stringers (rails) to the posts near the top, bottom, and middle using galvanized or stainless steel nails or screws The average wood fence post seems to be a square timber that is a 4-inch by 4-inch post or possibly a 6-inch by 6-inch post. The surface area of the post in the soil is what determines how quickly a fence will tip in the wind. Smaller fence posts will yield much faster than larger posts assuming both are buried at the same depth

Free Pole Barn Plans | HowToSpecialist - How to Build

Bonding a Pole Barn Post in Concret

Install your clothesline on a sunny day, with no chance of rain for a couple days, in order to give the concrete time to properly set up. 2. Dig the holes. Using a post hole digger, dig two holes- one for each post, 18-24″ deep. We spaced ours 25 feet apart to give me 125 feet of line total These u-shaped metal posts are a great value because they don't cost much more than heavy-duty pressure treated 4×4 posts but they will last much longer. If you have the budget, metal fence posts with u-channels on each side are top of the line for wood fences I used a 4x6 pressure treated wood post 12' length. The hole was dug approx 4-1/2' deep, 2' across and 2' wide. A small amount of crushed stone was placed at the base and impacted. Then the post was set. It was angled away from the opposite post 5-10 degrees. Then the crushed stone was placed and impacted around the post using a 2x4 and bricks 07-22-2009, 12:04 PM. Re: Hemlock posts vs Pressure treated. The mistake here is placing the timber, any timber into a concrete pocket. The post will rot completely off in under 5 years right at the interface between concrete, grade and the timber. Put concrete in the hole, place a post saddle in the top and place the wood on the saddle A properly pressure treated pine fence posts, for example, can exist for a range of 20-35 years if well installed while the untreated one only lasts between 3-7 years. In a case where large numbers are supposed to be installed, it is practical to drive them into the ground using a hydraulic post driver

If you have post bases handy, and a selection of lumber or resin posts and boards, you're ready to make outdoor fences, deck railings, and similar items. Post brackets and bases come in resilient, corrosion-resistant materials coated with waterproofing agents to prevent rust. This wide selection of post hangers, bases, and caps covers virtually any fencing application that most homeowners. Materials: This Pergola was constructed by setting pressure treated 6×6 posts in concrete footings. The framing was all built using cedar lumber. Timeframe: We delivered this completed project within the 1 week projected time frame Concrete fence posts. Built to withstand years of weathering, concrete fence posts are incredibly tough and enduring. Ideal for sports pitches, children's playgrounds, and areas where you need to support much heavier or thicker fence panels, concrete fence posts really will stand the test of time Incised Timber Fence Post 100x100mmx2.7m. (418) £24. £8.89 per M. Wickes Slotted Concrete Fence Post - 100 x 60mm x 2.4m. (276) £28. £11.48 per M. Wickes H Shaped Slotted Timber Fence Post - 90 x 90mm x 2.4m For more than 17 years, secure set has been a reliable and trusted partner to the electric utility, communication and transportation industries. secure set is now available for home diy and commercial use. it comes in 5 sizes, single post, 5 post, 10 post, 15 post and 20 post kits (standard 4x4 posts). secure set is an alternative to traditional concrete, works extremely fast, sets in minutes.