Home

Silver maple seeds

Acer saccharinum (Silver Maple): Minnesota Wildflowers

Große Auswahl, Günstige Preise - Maple tree? auf eBa

1. Über 80% neue Produkte zum Festpreis; Das ist das neue eBay. Finde ‪Maple Tree‬! Riesenauswahl an Markenqualität. Folge Deiner Leidenschaft bei eBay
  2. Silver Maple (Acer saccharinum - wings) The Silver Maple, also called 'River Maple' and 'Creek Maple' is a fast-growing native tree found along waterways, rivers, creeks and in wetlands. The Silver Maple tree can reach heights of 50 to 80 feet. The Silver Maple is planted as an ornamental tree
  3. Seed ripening and dispersal over the range of the species begins in April and ends in June. Silver maples are the largest seed of any maple species in the United States (Schopmeyer, 1974). Cultivars, Improved and Selected Materials (and area of origin
  4. ation: Sow seed 3/8 inch deep, tamp the soil, mulch the seed bed. Seed Count Per.

Silver Maple Tree Seeds Acer saccharinu

Silver maple tree seeds are notorious for producing a lot of seed pods. Sometimes a tree is not stressed, but has produced more flowers than usual. Often, a frost will kill some of the blossoms, but if the frost doesn't arrive, and the blossoms go to seed, that can also produce an abundance of seed pods Maple trees drop their seeds towards the end of spring. As fun and majestic as they may be to watch fall down, they can be quite a headache and create copious amounts of yard work for homeowners. Maple tree seeds fill up lawns and flower beds like little green party umbrellas, sidewalk cracks, and clog gutters and downspouts Silver maples are the main culprits in Sioux Falls, notorious for producing a lot of seeds, Griebal said. They dropped their seeds a couple weeks ago and with the rain and warm temperature, they. Maple trees are producing massive amounts of seeds this year, and even the experts at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle aren't 100 percent certain why. Plant Clinic Manager Julie Janoski has a theory

Buy Acer saccharinum: Silver Maple Seeds Online in USA

Buy Silver Maple Seeds - Rarexoticseed

Silver Maple Seedlings For Sale Fast Ship Low Price

Propagation of Silver Maple: Seed - best sown as soon as it is ripe in the spring in a cold frame. It usually germinates immediately and by the end of summer has formed a small tree with several pairs of leaves. Stored seed quickly loses its viability. Pre-soak stored seed for 24 hours and then stratify for 2 - 4 months at 1 - 8°C The silver maple (Acer saccharinum), hardy in USDA zones 3 through 9, combines a short trunk with long-reaching limbs to mature up to 100 feet tall. It responds to moist land and ideal conditions with rapid growth. Silver maple flowers appear very early in spring, well in advance of its leaves. They grow in dense, green-yellow or red-yellow.

Silver Maple ( Acer saccharinum) A maple with deeply-lobed leaves, named for the silvery color of the backside of its leaves. Native to North America; common in floodplains and along rivers. Sugar Maple ( Acer saccharum) A shade-tolerant deciduous tree of the northeast, often associated with climax communities on rich, mesic sites Magickal Properties: Some cultures primarily use Maple wands for spiritual healing. Maple is a traveller's wood. It enhances intellectual pursuits, acquiring knowledge, and communication. Spells concerning art, beauty, binding, and abundance should consider using this wood. The gypsies believe Maple brings gold and that eating the seeds draws.

Every spring, maple trees produce small flowers that turn into seeds. Normally, a cold frost kills some blossoms, but this year the usual chill didn't arrive at the right time. More blossoms than. The silver maple is a fast growing medium to large tree and if it is currently small enough to apply florel, it won't always be that way. I'm not advocating that you cut it down though, I'm advocating your neighbor use a pre-ermergent in their planting beds unless growing things by seed in them The developing seeds are also red at first, so the fruit clusters look much like the flowers and the female trees seem to bloom for weeks. Silver maples have some of the largest seeds of our native Maples. (The dry, winged fruits are called keys or samaras in botanical jargon; or, because they are double, schizocarps in even more. Silver Maple can be a prolific seed producer giving rise to many volunteer trees. It often sends up sprouts from the trunk and branches producing an unkempt appearance. There are numerous insect.

a zillion maple seeds in the garden- help! We are surrounded by maple trees (not in our yard, but overhanging non every side). I have a perennial garden and this year it seems the seeds are out of control! I took my mulch off at the beginning of the season, so it's bare ground right now. Do you think if I put preen on (I actually put some on a. Silver Maple. Summer foliage is green on top and silvery underneath. Suggested uses for this plant include shade tree. Transplants readily either as a bare root tree or with roots balled and burlapped. Plant away from structures and streets to avoid interference with sewers and sidewalks. Does well in poor soils More commonly referred to as helicopters, whirlers, twisters or whirligigs, samaras are the winged seeds produced by maple trees. All maples produce samaras, but red, silver and Norway maples often produce the largest quantities. Over the next few weeks, these seeds will rain down on lawns, decks, roofs and gutters in. Silver maple: 1: June: Green to brown propellers: Rake: Remove stems and leaves: Plant as soon as possible in early summer: Seed shallow: Sugar maple: 3-5: Late September to early November: Green to brown propellers: Rake, T/S, H: Remove stems and leaves: Dry—store in small seed sacks at 40°F: One bushel per person per day is the maximum. It is not uncommon for maples to have back-to-back abundant seed crop years. However, stress on trees can also account for unusually abundant seed production, which could be the contributing factor in your case. Overall recommendation: monitor the health and vigor of your tree next spring and summer. Make special note of any irregularities.

identification - What's this seed? Maple? Sycamore

Silver maple is a large shade tree in the Sapindaceae family. It gets its common name from the silvery undersides of its leaves. It is native to eastern North America and is often found in flood plains, along streams or rivers, or low-lying woodlands. It has attractive gray to dark brown bark that as the tree matures develops a shaggy. These are seeds from a Silver Maple tree. People like to call them helicopter seeds. I have started many trees of my own from these seeds. Very easy. You will receive 50+ seeds with your order Freeman's maple is also less susceptible to chlorosis symptoms than the red or silver maples. Freeman's maple offers a number of cultivars and these are more commonly planted than the species. This species is a hybrid of two trees that are native to the Chicago region according to Swink and Wilhelm's Plants of the Chicago Region , with.

The fruit consists of pairs of winged seeds, or keys, 1/2—1 inch in length on long, drooping stems. Fruit color ranges from red to green, becoming tan when mature. Bark: On a young Red Maple the bark can be smooth and gray. On older trees, bark can appear to be darker and rougher with peeling flakes To germinate maple tree seeds, try the cold stratification approach by first filling a plastic bag with growing materials such as peat moss, vermiculite, or germination paper. Next, add a few drops of water to the growing material, then put the maple seeds in the bag and seal it shut Extra-Extra: Maple Trees. The maple trees are not a nut producing breed as the trees, but they are definitely needed for maple syrup. Red and silver maple ripen in the spring and do not require stratification as the rest of the maple species do. The maple produces helicopter blades that drop from the trees, and that is where the seeds are at

Maple seeds cascade everywhere, which can leave you with hundreds of seedlings sprouting around your home. Getting rid of the seedlings while they're still small prevents you from accidentally nurturing maple trees. Choose the right removal method by the location of the unwanted sprouts, and uproot the seeds, repeating as often as you notice. TWENTY [20] SILVER MAPLE TREE SEEDS ; Fresh fallen helicopter seed pods from May 2021 from our large Silver Maple Tree in Connecticut; Leaves shimmer with green on top and light green-silver on underside. Photos are of our mature tree. Two of the three seeds that I planted have already spouted! SHIPPING TO U.S. ADDRESS ONL The seeds of both trees have no epigeal dormancy and will germinate immediately. Seed production begins at 11 years of age and large crops are produced most years. Like most maples, silver maple can be variably dioecious (separate male or female trees) or monoecious (male and female flowers on the same tree) but dioecious trees are far more common

Silver Maple (Acer saccharinum) Red Maple (Acer rubrum) Maple Identification and Relationship with BIrds. The famous Maple is a medium to large-sized deciduous tree, often found in mature forests, where it is a favorite of many wild birds. Maple trees range from 50 to 100 feet tall, with a 30 to 70-foot spread (depending on the species) The baby sapling is really starting to take off. Before long it wont be that small anymore I have a 5 year old silver maple that I grew from a seed that fell from my parents tree. It's been in my front yard growing very well for the past few years, and stands 10+ feet tall now. This year it has been growing just fine, many leaves and new branches, nice deep green color The Norway maple (Acer platanoides) in our yard puts out flat seeds like pieces of paper. But the silver maples do produce rounder seeds, like tiny almonds. We get mountains of seeds from both, so I should try them

Another option would be to preemptively clean up maple seeds by catching them. This requires knowing when your maple will shed its helicopters. And, timing will vary, so watch your trees. Then, drape an old sheet under the trees to catch the flying 'copters. And, you could use a tarp, but a sheet will allow moisture and light to reach your. Sometimes Silver Maple can get magnesium deficiency in soils that are alkaline, above pH 7.5, which is better than Red Maple that can get it a... read more Silver Maple produces lots of large samara seeds with wings in spring that can be eaten by birds, squirrels, and some wildlife, but is messy for residential landscapes

Helicopters, the fruits of the silver maple tree, are

All maple seeds are edible, but some taste better than others. As a general rule, smaller maple seeds are sweeter and larger ones are more bitter. Seek out smaller seeds for the sweetest taste. The taste of the seeds can also vary from tree to tree. Try harvesting seeds from several to find the best taste Silver maple is a tall, fast-growing, native tree of eastern North America. It is usually found growing in open sunlight along creeks and waterways. This species has become over planted. Without proper and frequent pruning high winds and ice can cause limbs to break. Many authorities recommend against planting silver maple A Blizzard Of Whirligigs: Why Are We Seeing So Many Flying Seeds? MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — At first, Twin Cities resident Lynne Wagner thought there was something wrong with the maple trees in her. However, like silver maple, Autumn Blaze tolerates poor soil as well. Similarly, you may ask, what maple tree does not have seeds? Jamestown Red Maple is a seedless variety of acer rubrum 'Autumn Flame'. Do Autumn Blaze maples have invasive roots? Autumn Blaze grows quickly to 50 or 60 feet tall. Its spread of 40 feet gives it a clean, oval shape

How to Stop Maple Tree Seed Pod Development Hunke

Silver maple trees are fast-growing deciduous trees that grow to between 50 and 80 ft. (15 - 25 m) with a spread of 36-49 ft. (11-15 m). Silver maple five-lobed leaves are green on one side and silver on the other. Silver maples thrive in zones 3 to 9 Silver Maple Tree. The Silver Maple is a rapidly growing tree and, like the Red Maple, is able to thrive in a wide variety of soils and climates. When the twig is scraped or broken, a strong foul odor can be detected. Silver Maples can be identified based on the following characteristics Although the silver maple's seeds are abundant, planting silver maples from seed may be a long and difficult process because the seeds are more temperamental in germinating than cuttings. Remove the leaves from the lower one-third to one-half of the cuttings. Treat the cuttings with rooting hormone

Culture: Silver Maple is easily grown from seed or softwood cuttings; it transplants readily and grows the most rapidly of all the maples. It grows almost anywhere in zones 3 - 7 under a wide variety of conditions; it survives seasonal inundation, poor soil and (surprisingly for a wetland tree) drought Silver maple (Acer saccharinum) is a medium-sized tree of short bole and quickly branching crown common in the Eastern United States where it is also called soft maple, river maple, silverleaf maple, swamp maple, water maple, and white maple. It is found on stream banks, flood plains, and lake edges where it grows best on better-drained, moist.

Maple Tree Seeds & Seedlings [Everything You Need to Know

1. Describing leaves and seeds. In natural woodlands, red maples tend to be smaller, understory trees that grow singly, for the most part. Groups or stands of maple may be a sugar maple, or another maple. The easiest ways to compare maple species for beginners is either looking at the leaves or the helicopter seeds, called samaras
  2. Silver Maple Key Seed Necklace Organic Pendant Delicate Samara Jewelry, Elegant Sycamore Seed Necklace for Mother's Day, Inspired by Nature AlexandrosArtJewelry $ 44.60 FREE shipping Add to Favorites Maple Seed Samara Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace 20 Box Chain BrookintheThicket $ 58.00.
  3. Buy Maple tree seeds online. Free shipping on orders over $75. Shop now for over 500 species of tree and shrub seeds for sale. Order online or call us at (802) 363-1582

'Helicopter' maple seeds wreaking havoc on area yard

Is it okay for dogs to eat Maple tree seeds? barngirl. 116. I Visited Candy Mountain and All I Got Was This Lousy Incision. barngirl. 116. Post May 26, 2007 #1 2007-05-26T14:01. I was totally grossed out when I found out he was eating rabbit poo, but as it has no odor as compared to the neighbors cat poop, i was willing to over look it Silver maple has been one of the hardest working species of many community forests across the Great Plains providing fast shade, wind protection, and wildlife habit for many decades. Wildlife Benefits. The abundant seeds of silver maples are eaten by many birds, including evening grosbeaks, finches, wild turkeys, ducks and other game birds, and. Silver Maple Seed Pods The seed pods of a silver maple tree isolated on white Silver Maple stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images. Green garden lawn grass in fall, silver-maple tree autumn leaves Photo showing a recently mown green garden lawn with fine grass and a muddy patch, pictured in the fall and covered in yellow, golden, pink, red. The leaves of Acer saccharinum are simple, opposite and lobed and the undersurface may be conspicuously lighter in color than the upper surface. The leaves are the most deeply lobed of any of our maples. Buds are red and black and are indistinguishable from those of Acer rubrum.Some individual trees are difficult to place as either A. saccharinum or A. rubrum in the absence of flowers or fruit. Silver maple is a fast growing large open shade tree that is native to eastern North America. It has an oval to rounded canopy and narrow branch crotches. Its medium green leaves have silver undersides and may change to yellow or yellow-brown in fall. This tree prefers full sun to partial shade. T

Amazon.com: Silver Maple Seeds UPC 600188194258 + 2 Free Plant Markers (150): Garden & Outdoo Posts about silver maple seeds written by jmhaag. On a recent trip to my parents home, my husband cut down a few trees, trimmed a few trees, and I was the beneficiary of plant material that I will use in my dyeing experiments Sterling Silver Maple Seed Charms, who would have ever thought that this seed would help with the design of a helicopter? Two Maple Seeds (also known as a Samara Key) begin life linked together. As children we knew these seed pods as helicopters or whirlygigs. Their playful quality make them a great conversation starter

What is with all the 'helicopter' maple tree seeds

1. Maple fruits are called samaras. Two achenes, containing the actual seeds, are connected in the center of the fibrous papery tissue. Their shape is perfect for seed dispersal
  2. Silver Maples ( A.sarrharinum) and Red Maples ( A. rubrum) have the best spinners. Silver Maple samaras are 3-6cm (1 ¼ to 2 ½ inch) long and the pair forms a widely diverging angle although often only one seed fully develops. Red Maple. Red Maple samaras are smaller 1-2.5cm (1/2 to 1 inch) long and the pair is more V-shaped
  3. Maple trees with no seeds (helicopters) #332968 Asked June 16, 2016, 12:43 PM EDT I have two Norway maples and two silver Maples that usually produce many seedpods, that we call helicopters
  4. This year the Acer saccharinum (Silver Maple), and Acer rubrum (Red Maple) in Northwest Ohio are producing loads of Samaras (winged seeds). The trees appear stunted and the problem is two-fold. Abundant springtime samaras by themselves can draw attention to maple trees, particularly when the seeds mature and turn brown
  5. And look at all the seeds it drops in one season, each destined to become a baby silver maple! All in all, it's not a great choice for your yard or any nearby sidewalks that need to remain intact. Learn more about maple. 7 of 13 View All. 8 of 13. Save FB Tweet More

Are Maple Seeds Edible? Yes And No, The Bitter Sweet Realit

1. Maple Trees Without Helicopter Seeds by Zone. For best results, choose a maple within your plant hardiness zone. And while fall is the best time to plant maples, spring is a close second! Seedless Maple Trees • Firefall maple (zones 3-7): A cherry-red maple that's tolerant of harsh wind, snow and ic
  2. g the tree is some kind.
  3. These helicopters were the fruits of the silver maple trees and were abundant. Many around the Miami Valley area are seeing an abundance of them and asking why there are so many. Maple fruits are called samaras. Two achenes, containing the actual seeds, are connected in the center of the fibrous papery tissue
  4. Silver Maple has the most abundant winged seeds of any indigenous maple species. Their attraction to birds and other wildlife makes this tree a popular choice for many a garden. Its leaves are lush green in spring and summer and take on bright autumn colors during fall. The name Silver Maple refers to the silver hue of its smooth trunk and.
  5. Are Maple Seeds Edible? The helicopters, also called whirligigs, but technically known as samaras, are the outer covering that must be removed when eating seeds from maple trees. The seed pods under the covering are edible. After peeling the outer covering of the samara, you'll find a pod containing the seeds
  6. Growing Japanese Maple trees from seed is a lot easier than most people think. However, it is important to understand that there are more than 250 different cultivars of the Japanese Maple tree, and my purpose through this website is to introduce you to as many of these different cultivars as I can
  7. Silver Variegated Maple. Acer platanoides 'Drummondi'. Moderately fast growing shade tree with green and white variegated lobed leaves from spring until fall. Drought tolerant once established and adaptable to city growing conditions. Bright yellow fall colour

The seeds can travel a great distance if the winds catch the seeds just right. According to the North Dakota State University Extension Service, maple trees will generally drop many seeds during the early portion of the year, right after spring flowering. Killing the maple seedlings in the lawn may only require general lawn maintenance Wildlife: Many mammals and birds eat the seeds. The large rounded buds of the silver maple are one of the primary food sources for squirrels during the spring. The seeds are the largest of any native maple. It also provides nesting sites for ducks and other birds. Beavers find the trees delicious. Browsed by deer and rabbits seeds. It goes like this... The silver, red and norway maples in my urban neighborhood seasonally carpet the yards and gardens with winged seeds, the classic maple seed form. A few years back I looked at my flower garden and thought I have to clean up all those maple No maple species produces 2 crops of seeds in a season, so you may have both Silver (spring) & Norway (fall). Norway (exotic) is no match for Silver (native) for invasiveness and rapid growth. Neither is desirable; Sugar and Red are much more beautiful and not messy albeit harder to grow, but worth the effort Heavy Maple Seed = Sparse Leaves. Phone calls and e-mail messages to Extension offices from landowners concerned about the health of maples should soon be on the rise. That's because maples in much of Ohio, as well as Indiana and Kentucky, are producing loads of winged seeds (samaras). The problem is two-fold

Techniques to Control Maple Tree Pods Home Guides SF Gat

1. Silver Maple L. Silver Maple ( Acer saccharinum) leaves are whitish-silver beneath with coarse toothed leaf margins. It has five main lobes with the edges of the middle lobe diverging. It is coarser toothed than the Red and Mountain Maples and lacks teeth in the sinuses. The sinuses extend 2/3 of the way to the midrib
  2. Silver Queen Maple (A. saccharinum 'Silver Queen') - More upright in habit than the species and reported to be essentially seedless. Related Species Black Maple (A. saccharum var. nigrum) - Hardy, including cultivar 'Green Column'. Boxelder (Acer negundo) Norway Maple (A. platanoides) and cultivars - Borderline to non-hardy
  3. And trees will form heavy seed set in certain conditions (drought, heat, etc.). It may have been a banner year for maple seedling set in 2018. Douglas County Master Gardeners dcmg Replied February 04, 2019, 7:10 PM ES
  4. i-helicopters filling my gutters as well as spaces outside my house
Autumn Fire Japanese Maple Tree Seeds (ACER palmatum) 10

All maples produce samaras, but red, silver and Norway maples often produce the largest quantities. Over the next few weeks, these seeds will rain down on lawns, decks, roofs and gutters in many. One caveat: If you have silver maple (Acer saccharinum), keep it far from the house and make sure to prune regularly so you have ONE UPRIGHT STEM. These trees are notorious for forking into multiple trunks which will tear apart in storms and cause much grief Acer saccharinum is a deciduous Tree growing to 30 m (98ft) by 15 m (49ft) at a fast rate. It is hardy to zone (UK) 3. It is in flower from February to March, and the seeds ripen from April to June. The species is hermaphrodite (has both male and female organs) and is pollinated by Wind. Suitable for: light (sandy), medium (loamy) and heavy (clay) soils and can grow in heavy clay soil

Do silver maples seed every year? - AskingLot

If you go a week or so without rain, let the sprinkler run under the dripline of the tree for a half hour or so. Otherwise, your money might be better spent putting gutter helmets on and buying one of the new high volume backpack blowers, to facilitate easy clean-up. Kneejerk Bombas. May 10, 2006. K Click on the images help you identify an Silver maple. Form Height 100' or more with a diameter of up to 36 or more; trunk usually short, divided into a number of long ascending limbs that are again divided and their small branches droop but turn upward at tips, forming a broad, rounded crown Collecting Sugar Maple Seed. Early May - trees are covered in yellow flowers, potentially a bumper seed year. Mid May 2006, leaves just starting to flush. Sugar maple samara, late June 2006 - not yet mature. Sugar Maple in mid October 2006, Peterborough. Most leaves have fallen leaving behind the mature seed - a bumper crop Boil it down to make amazing Maple syrup. Some people keep a stand of Silver Maples to use as a renewable source of firewood. It grows quickly to earn its keep on a permaculture lot. Game birds and songbirds both love the seeds and shelter offered by this handsome tree. Silver Maple is a tree of uncommon beauty and has a variety of uses

The Pros and Cons of Having a Silver Maple Tree in Your Yar

These plants are often confused due to similarity in leaf shape and occurrence in the same habitat; they are easily distinguished by samaras, flowers, mature tree bark, buds, or the presence/absence of milky sap. Leaf shape can be distinguished, but is best supplemented by other cues. Although there is much overlap in habitat, Norway maple is found on a broader range of sites, including. I have seen my chicks eat the samaras (that the name for the maple seeds). My birds were young then and went after everything. They were not super keen on the seeds, but I'm pretty sure the seeds are fine for chicken consumption. Reply. May 7, 2009 #4 GardeNerd Songster. Jan 7, 2009 1,327 34 22

Deciduous Trees

Silver Maple also referred to as soft maple or white maple are large deciduous trees known for having an impressively rapid growth rate, in addition to producing a prolific amount of seeds during the spring. These trees reach maturity quickly, growing approximately 24 inches or more per season. A mature silver maple stands between 50 to 70 feet tall with a spread of 40 to 60 feet Ecological Role - The silver maple is a producer, transforming the sun's energy into food energy. Many animals eat the silver maple's buds, twigs, flowers, and seeds. These include ruffed grouse, bobwhite quail, wild turkey, songbirds, red fox, eastern chipmunk, and white-tailed deer Silver maple (Acer saccharinum) is the fastest growing maple either native or planted in Iowa. The leaves are opposite, simple, and palmately lobed with five lobes. The lobes are often very deep; the margins of the leaves are toothed and the upper surface is bright green while the lower surface is silvery, white in color Certain Maple Tree Seeds Can Kill Horses. Equine atypical myopathy and seasonal pasture myopathy are caused by eating maple tree seeds or saplings containing hypoglycin A. This fall the British.

Maple Tree Seeds: Great Survival Food - Edible Wild Foo

Silver maple samaras are considerably larger - about two inches long - and connected at a 90-degree angle. These seeds are built for travel. Dispersed by the wind, maple samaras take advantage of their helicopter attributes by spinning distances as far as 330 feet What's the best way to get rid of maple trees that keep sproutuing up all over our yard? we can ussually pull them up if we catch them early enough, but we have a number of them that are too big to simply pull out. one of the areas we want to lay down a patio and i'm concerned that these will grow back and push up the patio The silver maple is a large tree that can grow to be 35 metres tall with a trunk that's more than 100 centimetres in diameter. Its light green leaves are 15 to 20 centimetres long, with 5 or 7 lobes. The silver maple is very similar to the red maple — except that its leaves turn pale yellow or brown, not red, in the fall

Japanese Maple Tree Seeds | Acer palmatum

Silver Maple seedlings - Acer saccharinum - Chief River

This is a much more serious disease that affects all kinds of maples, but Sugar Maple and Silver Maple are the ones most commonly affected. It can also affect Japanese Maple.This disease is another fungus that enters through the roots and blocks the water passages inside the tree.The lack of water and nutrients flowing through the tree causes branches to die; at first small ones high up in the. The winged seed of the silver maple trees are produced in great numbers yearly in April, and birds flock to the trees to eat the seeds and to build their nests. Silver maple trees are one of the fastest growing trees that grow from coast to coast in the United States, as well as almost every State Silver maple tree seed pods. Silver Maple 61434. Close-up of Silver Maple tree leaves growing in Holland Michigan 61434 Acer saccharinum. Maple Tree. Single silver maple tree isolated on white background. Silver Maple 39896. Silver Maple tree growing in Lake in the Hills Fen Nature Preserve Illinois 39896 Acer saccharinu It requires alder and silver maple to complete its life cycle. Occasionally, it is found on red maple. Colonies of these pests are obvious because of their white, fuzzy appearance. They are usually seen on leaves, twigs, or bark. Although infested leaves shrivel and drop early, the pests cause little permanent damage

Cheryl Miller Studio: Botanical ArtMaple Tree Varieties: Information About Maple Tree